Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Week 12!

Karen was up first today... She did her talk on YouTube. I learnt a bit of the history behind YouTube at the beginning of the talk. She talked of the categories and genres. I knew most of this info, but for the assignment, it wouldve been helpful for those who didn't. The sizes of uploaded videos were mentioned. She mentioned channels, user tools, friends, groups, ratings, the social impacts, banning and infringement. She summarised many of the key features.

Melissa talked about eBay, which I was on earlier this morning. She talked about a brief history of the site and hpow eBay came to be. Ebay is the largest online auction place on the word wide web. Some of the features of ebay are categories, feedback, registration. She showed us the categories page, registration page, product page, the policy agreement, search page, feedback page and others. She talked a lot about the registration process. I am a registered user of ebay and have bought several things off their, mainly for building a guitar, so guitar parts such as pickups and tuning nuts were purchased off eBay. Her talk was informative and interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.