Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MORE TALKING ABOUT THINGS! - week 10

Amanda's presentation was about online forums. They're basically an online community...comprised mainly of members opinions. She talked about the features of some forum software. I have been the administrator of my own forums in my time, such as my band's forum, so I knew a lot of what she was talking about, but it was very interesting. Registration is (obviously) a HUGE part of becoming a member of a forum. She mentioned how some forums are set up so that it asks questions to verify you are a real user as opposed to a SPAMBOT of some sort. She also mentioned avatars, signatures and permissions of admins and moderators. Overall it was good.

Rachel talked about a program I use nearly everyday.... Window's Live Messenger. She took surveys of 12 people and 10 used MSN messenger daily, the other 2 used it at least once a week. She showed us the interface of MSN and described the buttons and what each thing does. She showed us PC to PC phone calls through MSN too. It was GOOD.

No comments: