Wednesday, May 9, 2007

THREE TALK THINKS

Holy crap... THREE... or two, I don't know YET.

Tom talked about deviant art, which is a community I am part of... He basically compared it to an open forum where people can interact via comments on each others artworks. A spin-off kind of site from deviant art was kwgcrew.org (kids with guns) which has a main focus on graffiti artists. It has most of its stuff based on deviantart, but hosts an external forum. He then talked briefly about myspace, bebo, youtube and others...

Ok, so it is TWO...the next (and last) for the day is...

Rob talked about MySpace...which I swear I said I was going to talk about, but owell... It seemed though, he was talking more about the personal side of MySpace, as opposed to the band side. He pretty much explained the entire interface of a personal MySpace... Everything from the top tab bar to editin your profile. Being a MySpace user, I knew all of the stuff he was mentioning. He didnt really talk about the new generation of computer users that use MySpace for a wide variety of things, which is what I was expecting, but he did talk pretty extensivley about the technical aspects.

EDIT!!!

Ok, so suddenly there was some kind of decision somewhere in the universe that there will be another presentation thing... so here goes:

Daniel talked about iTunes and MP3's. Personally, I'm not a fan... of MP3's and iTunes that is... The compression is shit. It makes beautiful layered arrangements one big fat note. Well, not really, but get me some analogue recordings on record and I am as happy as a pig in its own filth. But anyway, with that aside, Dan talked about how MP3's are superior as they take up less space on a computer and a universal format. He showed us examples of the different bitrates of MP3's, then an uncompressed version... I'd wait the extra time I takes to download that, plus get a larger hard-dive just because the quality is so much better. He showed us the iTunes site which seems pretty indepth and interesting... Apparently iTunes let bands sign up and sell their songs via iTunes. Overall, it was a pretty comprehensive talk, but didn't win me over... iTunes isn't bad, but I think I'll stick to my CD's and records... oooh yeah.

No comments: